The MATRIC organization is comprised of a number of entities that focus on different aspects of the research, development and commercialization process.
- Mid-Atlantic Technology Research and Innovation Center, Inc. (MATRIC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and development corporation that conducts scientific research and development for state and federal governments, private foundations, and commercial customers.
- Mid-Atlantic Commercial Research, LLC (MCR) is a single-member limited liability company chartered to conduct scientific research and development for some of MATRIC's commercial customers.
- Mid-Atlantic Holdings, Inc. (MAH) is a wholly-owned corporation chartered to commercialize MATRIC’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Mid-Atlantic Technical Engineering, LLC (MATE) is a limited liability company chartered to provide professional engineering and construction support services.
- The National Institute for Chemical Studies (NICS) has the mission to help communities manage safety, health and environmental risks associated with the manufacture, storage, transportation and disposal of chemicals.